Post-processing techniques are very crucial to enhance your photos. There are many photo editing methods to make your beautiful photos even better. This is one of the best options to get the Instagram-worthy photos.
One of the popular and incredible photo editing techniques is the vintage photo effect. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below to achieve this effect on Photoshop.
- The first step is to upload your favorite photo to Photoshop. Choose one of your best photos from your album and upload it to the software. You are free to use any photo, but it will be better to choose photos of people or places for the best vintage photo effect.
- Adjust the curves in the image; go to Adjustment and select Curves. Choose the eyedropper icon in the right corner to light up the image. Once you are done, manipulate the RGB curves until you get the desired look.
- The second step is to add the gradient map. For this, choose Gradient Map from the New Adjustment Layer Then, choose either the blue, yellow, blue preset, or the reverse.
- Now, reduce the opacity of the gradient layer. Go to the Layers panel for this, and reduce the opacity up to 30%.
Add the curves and adjustment layers from the Curves option in the Photoshop. Note that, this layer must be under the gradient map layer that you created before. Now, add more color and contrast to your image by manipulating the curves.
- Next step is to add the inner shadow. In Photoshop, your photo will be opened in the background, by default. To change this go to the Layer panel and double click on the background layer to unlock it. Now, choose the Inner Shadow option from the Layer Style menu and apply the shadow that you prefer.
- Once you add the inner shadow, next step is to add the gradient overlay layer. For this, go to Layer and choose Layer Settings. From the drop-down menu, choose Gradient Overlay and set radial as the style. Make sure to choose the white preset gradient.
- Next step is optional. If you want, you can change the gradient map once more. For this, just double click on the gradient map and try different gradients that suit your photo. Do not hesitate to play with almost all the gradient colors.
Now, you can see the unbelievable difference and you are ready to woo others with your vintage photo.